If you are anything like me, you struggle to think of quick side dishes to get some extra veggies in. For most of my clients that is also the case. The main dish is easy, but all you can think of after that is the boring "usual" side dishes that you have with every meal. However, since getting my air fryer, I have struggled less and less with this because it makes roasting veggies SO easy. One of my favorites right now is Air Fried Asparagus!
Asparagus is in season during late spring and early summer. When it is in season, it is delicious! I love getting the fatter spears because they keep their crunch, but the thinner spears are perfect for salads or pasta. It can be really easy to overcook if you are not paying attention on the grill or in the oven. Which, again, is why I love my air fryer! It makes it much easier to set a timer and it takes less than 10 minutes.
You can season your asparagus with anything you like, however, I like to keep it simple. I put salt, pepper, and garlic powder typically. If I am wanting to spice it up: lemon pepper, paprika, or everything bagel seasoning is good on it too! I also prefer a lighter oil for my air fryer such as avocado oil, but olive oil is just as tasty.
Tips for Air Fried Asparagus:
- Don't be afraid to try out different spices as I mentioned above.
- Be sure you trim the ends so you don't have the fibrous ends.
- Store asparagus in a jar with water at the bottom to keep it fresher longer.
Air Fried Asparagus
- 1 bundle Asparagus
- ¼ lemon- juiced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and cut about ½ inch off the bottom of your asparagus.
- Put asparagus in air fryer tray and coat with avocado oil. Then springs garlic powder, salt and pepper on top and shake to evenly distribute seasonings.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees. Cook asparagus for 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness. When it is golden brown it is down! Don't forget to shake every couple minutes so it cooks evenly.
- Pull the asparagus out and squeeze ¼ of a lemon over top. Serve and enjoy!