I can't wait for football to be back this year. It gives some structure to my weekends and forces me to complete my chores before games start. At least that is what I tell myself. What is your favorite game day food? Mine is any sort of saucy chicken with some fries and some veggie dip. Of course, this doesn't sound at all Whole30 or Paleo and definitely will make my stomach hurt. Luckily I am here to give you a recipe that incorporates all of these ingredients, all the flavor, and is 100% Whole30 compatible. Because who doesn't want to miss out on some good game day food? Even if you are not a big football fan, this BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potato is for you!!
If you know anything about my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe, then you will already know how easy it is to make this recipe because it is essentially the same, just a different sauce! That is the beauty of shredded chicken, coleslaw, and a nice sweet potato. You can do ANYTHING with it!! I mean anything, any sauce will go great. Always having some shredded chicken on hand is key to meal prep. I make it in my Instant Pot at the beginning of each week and use it throughout the week to bulk up some meals or just make simple recipes like the one below. This is also a family pleaser because you can make it as simple as you want, or add any sauce that your kid likes!
These BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potatoes happen to be made with my favorite BBQ Sauce. You can use and BBQ sauce you like, though! My personal favorite is The New Primal's Smokey BBQ Sauce. It is smokey, tangy and the right amount of everything to complete your BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potato. It pairs perfectly with the starchiness of the sweet potato and the acidity of the coleslaw. Don't forget if you make this recipe, or any other stuffed sweet potato spin-off, tag me @realfoodwithaltitude on Instagram. I love seeing your creations.
**I am an affiliate of The New Primal and will make a small commission on any product made from the links on this post. You can use the the code ALTITUDE for 15% off your order on their site, as well 🙂 **
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potato
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place chicken breast in Instant Pot with 1 cup water and cook on high pressure for 12-18 minutes depending on size of chicken breast. If chicken breast is frozen, cook for 20 minutes.
- Wash and wrap sweet potato in paper towel. Poke multiple holes in potato with fork. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, again depending on size of potato. Just be sure it is cooked to fork tender.
- When chicken is done, shred it and coat with bbq sauce. Cut potato in half.
- Combine shredded cabbage, red onion, olive oil and red wine vinegar in a bowl.
- Stuff sweet potato with coleslaw first and then the chicken, add more bbq sauce on top... the more the merrier, right?