As school gets back in session, many people return to work, people are busy, tired, and sick of cooking at this point. Life happens! I have been needing faster meals lately, with less to think about. This is when I turn to things that I *typically* have on hand or are very easy to grab in the store. This Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice is one of those meals!
This recipe is less than 10 ingredients and makes enough for at least a few days of easy meals. You can just heat and eat for lunch or have an easy dinner! This is very family-friendly... almost all veggies and your kids won't know. Or if they are real detectives, this recipe can easily be made with rice and they will love it. You can also freeze the leftovers for a night that you really do just need to heat something up. It turns out just the same as when you made it the first time.
These pantry staple meals are important because we all get tired of cooking. It is still so important to lean into your healthy habits during such a busy time. Food is one thing that you can control (almost always) when we don't have much control over anything else. Whether you are doing a Whole30 right now, eating Paleo, or just looking for a quick healthy meal for your family. This is the meal for you!
Tips for Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice:
- Use frozen cauliflower rice for convenience, however you can also make your own in the food processor, which is more cost effective.
- This is a great freezer friendly meal.
- You can user rotisserie chicken for an even faster meal!
- Use any meat you love, or substitute any of your favorite rice if you aren't grain sensitive.
To get delicious hormone-free, organic, delicious chicken delivered to your door- head to Greensbury Market and use the code ALTUTIDE for 10% off your order!
Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 chicken breast- shredded I use Greensbury
- 2 packs frozen cauliflower rice you can make your own as well
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cook chicken breast how you wish- for this recipe I cooked it on high pressure in the Instant Pot for 15 minutes and shredded it. You can use any leftover chicken you have, grill it, bake it, or whatever is easiest for you!
- While chicken is cooking, put cauliflower rice, peas, and carrots into a pan and let it cook until it is thawed and most of the moisture is gone. Usually about 5-10 minutes.
- Make a space in the center of the food in the pan- clear of any cauliflower rice or veggies and crack two eggs. Be sure to whisk with a fork and cook until scrambled and cooked through. Then mix eggs into rice mixture.
- Combine coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, garlic powder and everything bagel seasoning into a small bowl and mix.
- Add chicken and sauce into the rice mixture and combine. Let simmer until most of the sauce is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!