One-pot meals are always a favorite during the week because they are easy and more importantly, a little clean-up. I love adding them to my weekly meal plan because I have an easy night to look forward to cooking-wise. This Creamy Artichoke Chicken is so decadent and delicious, and more importantly, the entire family can enjoy it. This is like your favorite artichoke dip in a meal- what more would you want?!
This recipe is completely dairy-free, yet the pickiest eaters would never know! It is full of flavor with only 12 ingredients that you likely already have on hand. It is perfect for a weekday or a meal that you can make for an at-home date night. I love adding roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes as a side, but you can always add any grain you like or serve this over mashed potatoes.
The key is to Creamy Artichoke Chicken is to get a quality cashew butter that gives the sauce the perfect consistency. I use Artisana Organics in this recipe because of how smooth and creamy their nut butters are. I like using cashew butter because it has a lighter flavor than almond butter and takes on a lot of flavors.
Tips for Creamy Artichoke Chicken:
- Butterflying the chicken ensures that everything cooks evenly so I highly recommend it. If you want to use whole breasts, you will need to increase the cooking time to ensure that the meat is cooked to 160 degrees.
- Some coconut kinds of milk are thicker than others so slowly add the chicken broth and don't be afraid to add more if needed.
- If you are doing a Whole30, watch out for sugars in the artichoke hearts, this is a great place for sneaky sugars.
If you are looking for another one-pot meal check out this Paleo Tuscan Shrimp that is a really satisfying meal.
Creamy Artichoke Chicken
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- ½ Shallot diced
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Cashew butter I like Artisana Organics
- ¼ cup Artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so that you have four evenly-sized pieces of chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan, sprinkle salt and pepper to season, and cook on one side for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken at 5 minutes and cook the other side for another 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside. Add the shallot and garlic to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, chicken broth, lemon juice, and cashew butter. Whisk until the cashew butter is combined. Then add parsley, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes or until it is lightly bubbling. Then add the artichoke, spinach, and cooked chicken to the pan.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes. The spinach should be wilted and the sauce should be smooth.
- Serve the chicken with the artichoke sauce over the top and enjoy!