I always have some shredded chicken laying around in my fridge or freezer so I can make some quick, simple meals. Curry Chicken Salad is one of my go-to lunches because it has SO much flavor and doesn't take much time. You can eat it with any veggies add some color to your plate too.
Chicken salad is so versatile and is truly one of my comfort foods. It took me forever to find something that creates that same comfort feeling without all the dairy, sugar and a croissant. I tried coconut milk yogurt, lots of avocado mayo and finally stumbled upon Chosen Foods, which is by far my favorite brand of avocado mayo. This is the only one that doesn't have a super funky after taste that takes over your dishes. You can find Chosen Foods at Costco, Whole Foods, Sprouts and many other places. It is by far the cheapest at Costco!
Hope you enjoy!
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 Shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup water or favorite broth
- ¼ cup Avocado Mayo
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 pickle- finely diced
- Cook chicken breast in your preferred method. For shredding, I like to cook mine in the Instant Pot. Add one chicken breast to the Instant Pot with 1 cup water or your favorite broth. Pressure cook for 15 minutes (time may vary depending on the size of the chicken breast).
- While chicken is cooking combine the rest of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- When chicken is finished, place on a cutting board and use two forks to finely shred the chicken breast. If you have a KitchenAid mixer, you can always put it in there and use the paddle to easily shred the chicken.
- Add chicken to your curry mix and combine until the chicken is fully coated.
- Enjoy with any of your favorite veggies or crackers.