Ramen is a major comfort food of mine. It's so hearty and warms my soul so much when I'm eating. When you go out to eat it can be full of unknown ingredients and although delicious, it may not be exactly what your body can handle. That's been my experience so I of course, created my own. This Gluten-Free Spicy Ramen Soup is full of Asian-inspired flavors all melded into one bowl.
One of my favorite parts about and soup is all the Asian-inspired flavors in the broth! Curry, lime, green onion, cilantro, coconut aminos, and fish sauce all simmered together to make a delicious soup for a cold day.
A little bit about the noodles that I use: I forever have just used rice noodles, which work perfectly in the soup, but I found Lotus Foods and love them. All their products have minimal ingredients and are totally gluten-free. I really love their rice ramen because you can get lots of different varieties! From forbidden rice to millet and brown rice. I have tried them all in the soup and they are all so good.
This ramen soup is so easy to make and while it may look like a lot of ingredients, when you have it once you'll want to keep making it! It takes less than 30 minutes and can make two large bowls or enough smaller bowls for a few days.
Tips for Gluten-free Spicy Ramen Soup:
- You might be wondering how to make this Whole30 compliant. It's actually really easy, you just need to swap the noodles out! You can either use veggies noodles or hearts of palm noodles would be my choice.
- If you want to adjust the spice- go for it! You can add as much sriracha or red pepper flakes as you like.
- Speaking of Sriracha- there is one that is Whole30 compliant. This Yellowbird one is perfectly acceptable as long as it is the organic line!
Gluten-Free Spicy Ramen Soup
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- ¼ Yellow Onion Diced
- 8 oz Bella Mushrooms halved
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha plus some for topping
- ½ Lime juiced
- ½ tablespoon Curry Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 packages Ramen Noodles (gluten-free) I use Lotus Foods
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Green onions thinly sliced
- 1 handful Cilantro roughly chopped
- Crunchy Chili Onions I get mine at Trader Joe's
- Heat a medium-sized pot to medium-heat and add the olive oil. Once it's heated, add the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set it aside. Add the red peppers, white onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté until the garlic and onions are fragrant. About 5 minutes.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients for the soup EXCEPT the ramen noodles.
- Let the broth come to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Next, add the ramen noodles. DO NOT add the seasoning packet to the pot. Let the noodles cook according to the package, which is about 4 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, the soup is ready! Thinly slice the chicken to top add to each bowl. Then top each bowl with cilantro, green onions, sriracha, and chili garlic onions.
- You might be wondering how to make this Whole30 compliant. It's actually really easy to, just swap the noodles out! You can either use veggies noodles or hearts of palm noodles.
- If you want to adjust the spice, go for it! You can add as much sriracha or red pepper flakes as you like.
- Speaking of sriracha, there's one that is Whole30 compliant.: Yellowbird and it's perfectly acceptable as long as it is the organic line!