A regular burger can be delicious, but also can get really boring! So I am here to change your thoughts of what a "burger" looks like. I have recently just started trying Salmon Burgers- which at first I was really unsure of. These are not burgers that you can eat alone, but definitely need some sauce and flavor (in my opinion)! If you have kept up with my blog at all, you know I love creating sauces. This is why I created this recipe- Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce. This recipe is light and flavorful and perfect for your summer grilling.
The lemon dill sauce is the perfect match for the fatty flavor of the fish. It has a tang from the lemon and a really nice herb flavor from the dill. The salmon burgers are perfect to introduce your kids to fish or even to anyone who doesn't love fish, for whatever reason. They are not "fishy" tasting, but instead, have a very similar texture to a regular burger. You can always make your own Salmon Burger from canned salmon- there are plenty of recipes out there for you. However, I buy mine frozen and pre-made. Why not make your life a little easier where you can?
These make the perfect weeknight meal because they take almost no time to make and you just have to whip together the sauce. I love serving it over some arugula because it adds that nice peppery taste and with some thick-cut tomatoes.
Tips for Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce:
- Follow the directions on your salmon patties to cook them to perfection.
- If you grill salmon burgers, be sure to use a pan or flat surface because they can crumble in the grates of the grill.
- While I love this over veggies or a salad, you can always use a bun!
- This sauce would go great over chicken or just regular salmon, too.
If you need more "burger-less" burgers- check out my Thai Chicken Burgers.
Salmon Burgers and Lemon Dill Sauce
- 4 Salmon Burgers
- ¼ cup avocado Mayo
- ½ lemon juiced you can use a full lemon if the first half does not provide much juice.
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic- minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your salmon burgers to the directions on the package. It may be different for different brands.
- While these are cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Serve your burgers how you prefer them, spread the Lemon Dill Sauce on top and enjoy!