It is that time of year that kids are going back to school. You likely need a weeknight meal that is easy and will please everyone! You always hear kids say they don't like "adult" food, but have you ever heard an adult say they don't like kid food? I didn't think so. These Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are a crowd pleaser for all ages!
Making gluten-free kid food can seem like a daunting task. We are so used to the Standard American Diet consisting of "food" that is processed into substances our bodies can't handle. I am here to tell you that you can absolutely make kid-friendly food that will nourish you and your family!
Making the perfect chicken nugget that is grain-free can be difficult. However, after experimenting with different cooking temps and methods, I have finally found the perfect recipe! One trick is to pat the chicken dry before coating it. Another tip is to cook it on foil with your choice of cooking spray to keep the nuggets from sticking to the pan.
These not only are dipped in buffalo sauce but are also coated in it for an extra kick! You can always make your own buffalo sauce, however, I am OBSESSED with The New Primal's Buffalo sauce. They have mild, medium, and hot for and spice level you like. I prefer hot, but I know not everyone can handle that. You can always use the code ALTITUDE to load your cart up on their website for 15% off.
Tips for Buffalo Chicken Nuggets:
- To get the nuggets slightly crispy- be sure to pat your chicken dry before coating it in the egg wash and almond flour.
- If you The New Primal Buffalo Sauce like I did- you can choose from mild to hot so it pleases everyone.
- You can make these in the air fryer or the oven. For a big batch, I prefer the oven!
- If your kids don't like spice, just dip theirs in a plain egg.
If you are like you me, you will need some dairy-free ranch to go with this meal! Don't worry, you can check out my Dairy-Free Ranch recipe to make with it!
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into 2 inch cubes I like Greensbury
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon buffalo sauce I like The New Primal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat your chicken cubes dry with a paper towel and them set aside. Cover a sheet pan with foil and grease it with cooking spray (I like avocado spray best).
- Mix 2 tablespoon buffalo sauce and one whisked egg together in one bowl. In another bowl mix almond flour, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper together.
- One nugget at a time- dip in egg mixture, then right into the almond flour mixture. Be sure the chicken nugget is completely covered in almond flour and place on your sheet pan. Repeat until all of the nuggets are coated.
- Put the nuggets in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Serve with some extra buffalo sauce and ranch. Enjoy!